Dr. Swapnil Sharma is a Consultant, HPB And Liver Transplant with over 10 years of experience. Dr. Swapnil completed MBBS from Pt JNM Government Medical College, Raipur (CG). He did Masters in General Surgery (MS). Subsequently he has worked as a Senior Resident in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AllMS). New Delhi and GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi before joining the DNB super-specialty training program in GI Surgery at Jagjivan Ram Western Railway Hospital, Mumbai where hetrained under Dr. P.J. Haldar.
After completing training, Dr.Swapnil has worked with various Hospitals like, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, Global Hospital, Mumbai and Apollo Hospital. Navi Mumbai as Liver Transplant & HPB Surgeon.
Dr. Swapnil has been involved in ABO Incompatible liver transplant, youngest liver transplant in western India (liver transplant of four month old patient with biliary atresla), liver transplant in situs inversus patient and liver transplant in Abernethy malformation patient. Besides Liver Transplantation, he performs complex gastrointestinal surgeries like multivisceral resection, hepatobiliary & pancreatic surgery with special Interest in Liver Resections.
- International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS)
- Liver Transplant Society of India (LTSI)
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Liver Transplant
- Liver Resection
- Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- Complex Luminal Gastrointestinal Surgery.
INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE & PUBLICATIONS
- He has done study on liver transplant donor morbidity which he has presented in American Transplant Congress at Chicago.
- He has also done study in Abernethy Malformation,a rare congenital anomaly of portalvein which has been published in an indexed journal.
- He has presented his study (oral presentation) about management of sectoral bile duct injury in IHPBA world congress, Seoul, South Korea.
- Dr.Swapnif has publications in the field of Liver Transplantation & gastrointestinal surgery and numerous presentations at national and international conferences.