Dr Bharat Kumar Nara is a highly qualified, certified and trained Surgeon in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology. He is proficient in performing complex Liver, Pancreatic, Biliary and Bowel Surgeries and has a special interest in GI Onco-Surgery and Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery. Having worked in premier institutes of the country, he is also trained and holds fellowships in Liver Transplantation and Metabolic Surgeries. He received his initial Surgical Training at prestigious Manipal University. With a strong inclination towards GI surgery and Liver diseases, he attained HPB and Liver transplant Fellowship from Medanta, New Delhi, India. As part of his Super Speciality training he was awarded prestigious IASG Bursary Award worked at Tata Memorial Hopsital and SGPGI. Dr Bharat Kumar Nara , worked as consultant at Simhapuri Hospital in Nellore and currently is associated with Gleneagles Global Hospital For the last two years.He has published many articles in various national and international journals and has given many talks in various national and international forums.
till date: Senior Consultant in GI Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery, Global Hospital, Hyderabad
201 – 2016
Consultant GI surgery and Minimal Access Surgery, Simhapuri Hospital, Nellore, AP
2011 – 2014
MCh (SGE)- NMC, Nellore, AP
Fellow in HPB and Liver Transplantation- Medanta, New Delhi
1997 – 2003
MBBS, KMC-Kurnool, NTRUHS
2009 – 2011
Asst Prof in Dept of GI surgery, NMC, Nellore, AP
2008 – 2009
Senior Resident ( SGE), Global Hospital, Hyderabad
2005 – 2008
MS (General Surgery), KMC- Mangalore, Manipal University
- Life Member ASI
- Life Member of ACRSI
- Gold Medal for M.Ch (Surg. Gastro) University Exam 2014
- Awarded Prestigious Bursary for IASG – 2013
- Travel Grant for APDWF 2017/ JGHF young Clinician/ Investigator program.
- Frey’s Pancreaticojejunostomy in Tropical Pancreatitis: Assessment of Quality of Life. A Prospective Study published in World Journal of Surgery December 2014, Volume 38, Issue 12, pp 3235-324
- Journal of Tropical Gastroenterology 2012: Amoeboma causing multiple gangrenous perforations in Right colon: An unusual presentation.
- Journal of TropicalGastroenterology 2013: Surgical management of Corrosive injuries in GIT.
- Journal of Tropical Gastroenterology 2012: Gastric Stump Carcinoma- A plea for aggressive endoscopy.
- Abstract in International Digestive Disease Forum 2014, HongKong: Micronutrient Deficiency in patients with Idiopathic Tropical Pancreatitis.
- Abstract in International Digestive Disease Forum 2014, HongKong: Hepatocelluar Carcinoma mimicking Pseudo Myxoma Perotonei: A rare Case Report.
- Abstract in International Digestive Disease Forum 2014, HongKong: Dual malignancies: Dothey have a worse prognosis than their individual counter parts?
- Presented Poster in IHPBA 2010, New Delhi, TB of pancreas Masquerading malignancy.
- English, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, Tamil.